The history of the Reh Family as wine growers is going back many centuries. The oldest reports go back about 300 years.
Besides being wine-growers they also were boatsmen on the river Mosel, others worked as blacksmith. They have always lived in the area of Leiwen, Mehring and Neumagen, the oldest wine-growing part of Germany. In 1920 the two brothers, Carl and Franz Reh, started as wine merchants and became very soon some of the most important wine merchants in the Mosel area. Out of this situation the present company has been founded after the war in 1947. Until this day Franz Reh & Sohn is a 100% familiy-owned business.
Franz Reh Liebfraumilch takes its name from “The church of Our Lady” in the historical city of Worms.
Modern winemaking techniques enhance the delicate aromas of this appealing wine while retaining the traditional character of the region.